Date:      Fri, 04 Jun 1999 14:56:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>
To:        java-port@freebsd.org, freebsd-java@freebsd.org, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Subject:   Test of new JDK 1.1.8

Nate (et al),

I ran through all of the demo applets with appletviewer for the JDK
1.1.8 posted today.  I also tested it with ServletExec 2.02 (and all
our servlets), jEdit, and CaffeineMark.

The only problem I had was with example 3 of Demo/WireFrame.  I got an
Arithmetic error (SIGFPE    8*   arithmetic exception) when I was
testing the JDK with ShuJIT.  Without ShuJIT, I was unable to recreate
the crash (I've got the thread dump if anyone wants it).

Just FYI, I got the following CaffeineMark scores:
jdk1.1.8-FreeBSD:1999/6/3      166
jdk1.1.7-FreeBSD:1999/3/25     168
jdk1.1.8 w/ ShuJIT 0.2.11      518
jdk1.1.8 w/ TYA 1.3v2          593

This is on a P233MMX with 128Megs RAM and FreeBSD 3.1-STABLE (May 4,
1999).

Looks good from here.
---
Patrick S. Gardella                    Director of Web Development
The Creative Group    1-800-804-0783 ext 29     606-858-8029 (fax)
http://www.cre8tivegroup.com                 PGP Key ID 0xEE2D47A9