Date:      Thu, 16 May 2013 19:58:04 +0200
From:      "A.J. 'Fonz' van Werven" <fonz@skysmurf.nl>
To:        Chris Rees <utisoft@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: teTeX and TeXLive

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

Chris Rees wrote:

> Thanks for your message.... But :)
=20
Hey, I'm just the messenger ;-)

>> * print/latex-cjk has option DVIPDFMX hardcoded to teTeX stuff.
>=20
> That is a problem for the latex-cjk port maintainer.
>=20
>> * print/freetype-tools's RUNDEPEND=3Dt1asm is hard coded to teTeX and
>>   conflicted with bulk print/texlive-base's pkg-plist.
>=20
> That is a problem for the freetype maintainers.

Fair enough. I'll pass it back to the Forums and notifty the maintainers
in question.
=20
>> * print/texlive-base needs to be more modularized to achieve drop-in
>>   replacement with teTeX for downstream ports.
>=20
> This in particular is a long term goal, however I and many othersi
> greatly appreciate Hiroki-san's efforts to bring TeX Live to FreeBSD
> ports.  It may come later.

I quite agree. It's great to finally have TeXLive on FreeBSD and Hiroki's
efforts are very much appreciated.

AvW

--=20
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s

--SLDf9lqlvOQaIe6s--