Date:      Sat, 04 Dec 2004 18:38:35 +0100
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Tuc at Beach House <tuc@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sdpcontrol issues (LONG)

--=-DA95kU/h/V7MrdGjm1PK

Tuc at Beach House p=ED=B9e v so 04. 12. 2004 v 12:06 -0500:

> 	My first question is how should I be starting hcsecd on a regular
> basis? I don't see anything in the /etc/rc.bluetooth to do it.

Pairing is one-time operation. Once your palm have your computer's
dongle in list of trusted devices, everything will be fine. FreeBSD does
not really care :)

> 	I do a sdpcontrol -a TucTreo650.tucs-beachin-obx-house.com browse =20
> and I get:
>=20
> Could not execute command "browse". Input/output error
>=20
> 	I did a search of all the options, each come up as Input/output error.
>=20
> 	I then try to start sdpd, and it doesn't exist.
>=20
> 	I drop down to sdpcontrol -l browse and I get it as an illegal=20
> option.=20

Palm devices are known to not implement service browsing. Mine
Tungsten T3 can't be browsed, either. You will want to query for
channels of services you want to use, with 'sdcontrol search' command.=20

--=20
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
              <pav@FreeBSD.org>

- Hocumms Razor states that the most obvious, though possible not conceviab=
le,
  answer to a problem is most likely the correct one.
- unless you are playing zelda.

--=-DA95kU/h/V7MrdGjm1PK
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_podepsan=E1?= =?iso-8859-2?Q?_=E8=E1st?=
	=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_zpr=E1vy?=

--=-DA95kU/h/V7MrdGjm1PK--