Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 11:20:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?m=20p?= <sumirati@yahoo.de>
To:        JHilgeman@ecx.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Undefined symbol

> I was trying to configure ODBC on my FreeBSD system, but whenever I try to
> connect to a Data source with an ODBC application, I get this system error:
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libmyodbc.so: Undefined symbol
> "pthread_mutex_init"
>
> Does anyone know what this means, and what I have to do in order to get rid
> of it?
>
> - Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

i don't know exaktly what it means, but:

pthreads stands for POSIX threads.
Is your ODBC app originally derived from Linux or another Unix? If it is
originally written for Linux try to add some Linux-compatibility libaries for
compiling.
(Every Unix i came across implemted the POSIX threads slightly different.)

For others to help please add some information:

Your FreeBSD version.
The name of the applikation / libary you use to do ODBC. (MyODBC from the
ports?)
And perhaps some more information about the error. There have to be some.

Hope that helps

Marc