Date:      Thu, 13 Feb 1997 14:07:40 +0200 (IST)
From:      Gil Eliraz <eliraz@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   problems installing freebsd v2.1

Greetings,

I have tried to install the freebsd in my PC and had
some troubles.

My PC is Pentium 166 with 1.7 Giga disk space.

I used the FIPS utility to creat a new partition. And used the
novice installation program to install it.
when the installation started i received at first many
errors messages that there is a write problem. I guess
that there was somehow a write problem writing to disk.
(but maybe it can be a reading error as well) -
i tried to install the freebsd from dos partition
and i put whatever was in the CD disk DIST library in
c:\freebsd library.

also, when trying to install it a second time i received the
following error:
"failed to load the ROOT distribution".

can you help me with those problems,

thanks in advance,