Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2003 11:18:49 +0200
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP:  USB da(4) quirks disabled for 4.9 and 5.2

Le Ven 22 aoû 03 à  9:20:55 +0200, Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
 écrivait :
> If you have any of the devices listed below, please test with a recent
> -stable or -current.  They will stop working in 4.9 and 5.2 although old
> behavior can _temporarily_ be enabled by adding "options DA_OLD_QUIRKS" to
> your kernel config.  If I don't hear from anyone, they'll be going away
> permanently after the releases.

It is not directly related, but I have an USB memory stick, which works
nicely on FreeBSD 5.1. A `camcontrol inquiry da0' reports:

pass1: <3SYSTEM USB FLASH DISK 1.00> Removable Direct Access SCSI-2 device
pass1: Serial Number
pass1: 1.000MB/s transfers

On 4.8-RELEASE and 4.8-STABLE, I cannot use it: when I plug it, I get
these messages:

umass0: 3SYSTEM USB FLASH DISK, rev 1.10/1.00, addr 2
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB reset failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, IOERROR
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, IOERROR
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): got CAM status 0x4
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): fatal error, failed to attach to device
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): lost device
(da0:umass-sim0:0:0:0): removing device entry

with or without "options DA_OLD_QUIRKS".
--
Th. Thomas.