Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:34:10 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, Robert Watson <robert@fledge.watson.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: after wakeup from apm sleep: pccardd[46]: No free configuration for card 3...

> > > I have APM and pccard enabled in my kernel (config file below); however, I
> > > often get the following message on waking up the notebook after a sleep
> > > (with the card still in the slot):
> [.....]
> > (This is not a kernel bug, but a user-land daemon bug...)
>
> See my other post (cc'd to -mobile).  I fear it is a kernel bug.

I *KNOW* that it's a pccardd bug, because I tracked it down.  Another
way you can know that it's a pccardd bug is to kill/restart pccardd,
which will cause it to work correctly.  The message printed out also
comes from pccardd sending the wrong stuff to the kernel.

Nate

ps. Email from hub has been taking at times 24-36 hours to get here, so
it's nearly impossible to have any sort of decent conversation.