Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 08:55:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
To:        cyril@murkhapandita.org, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        rivers@dignus.com, scrappy@hub.org
Subject:   Re: Sony Vaio, LinkSys EC2T & 5.0-CURRENT ...

cyril@murkhapandita.org wrote:

> Hello all,
> I had also similar problems with my Sharp PC-PJ1 with the same
> PCI-bridge chipset as both of you and a Melco LPC2-T ethernet card. In
> my case the card and the bridge were assigned to the same irq, which of
> course preventeed me from doing a web-install.
> I've solved it by editing the list of free irqs in
> /etc/defaults/pccard.conf (editing /etc/pccard.conf had no effect),
> adding in /boot/loader.conf hw.pcic.intr_path=1 as well as hw.pcic.irq=0
> (from instructions on <http://www.clave.gr.jp/ml/bsd-
> nomads/200111/msg00029.html>), checking etc/rc.conf and finally doing a
> cold start.

Cyril!

   Thanks for the pointer...   I went to that web page to take
a look... but - it seems to be non-english (or, maybe I have
some bad fonts installed.)   Could you send me more details on
exactly how to make this work...  it may just be the answer I've
been looking for!

	- Thanks! -
	- Dave Rivers -