Date:      Tue, 27 May 2003 17:35:43 +0000
From:      "Nathan Vidican" <nathan@vidican.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   OT: biometric reader support

I was wondering if anyone has used any parallel-port finger-print scanneing
devices with FreeBSD. In specific, I am trying to use the device to
authenticate in a custom program I am currently writting. Without going into
messy details, I'm just looking for experience with these things, (regardless
of type/manufacturer/etc), I do have several different types of readers
(including some newer USB readers), but am primarily interested in using
those which interface via the parallel port.

If anyone has any experiences, places to read about, suggestions, comments,
or otherwise... please reply, (I am no longer subscribed to freebsd-general,
so if you could reply directly to my email address that'd be great).

--
Nathan Vidican
nathan@vidican.com