Date:      Sun, 10 Dec 2017 00:33:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      DTD <doug@safeport.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Subject:   New packaging approach

On Sat, 9 Dec 2017, Polytropon wrote:

> However, I am not sure how the new packaging approach will handle this. As you
> might have read, pkg will be used for installing and upgrading OS files in the
> future, so there will not be the big difference "freebsd-update" and "pkg
> update" / "pkg upgrade".

Where can I read about this? If this leads to dependency issues similar to those
encountered with desktops, my reaction is more of 'oh s--t' rather then 'oh
boy'. Back to the days when the odd or even versions numbers were for those of
us (read me) who do not track Stable for similar reasons.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug@safeport.com