Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:16:27 -0800
From:      Mike Lempriere <mike@vintners.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: named won't start

Thanks for getting back to me...

I guess I was a little panicy when I entered my note, I didn't explain
much about what I'd already done.  There was no named running, 'ps ax |
grep named' showed only my grep and syslog.

'rndc' simply returns a "connection refused" error, I assume this is a
poor excuse for an error mesage that really indicates that there is no
named running to talk to.

I believe the 'in use' message is an artifact of the first failure as
there is definately no named running.

I've just tried named-checkconf (I didn't know about that one -- thank
you!) it says nothing, returns zero.

Didn't help -- but thanks for trying!

--
Mike Lempriere- Home: mike@vintners.net  Phone: 206-780-2146