Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 05:34:56 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Losing it.

Jamie Bowden wrote:

> I've searched the archives, and can't find my own post.  Neither can I
> find the responses to it.  I know there are a pair of files you can point
> the NT boot mangler at which contain FreeBSD's boot block and allow you to
> add it to the WinNT boot mangler, but I can't find the actual files.
>
> Can someone here point me at the relevant files?  Please CC me as I'm not
> subscribed to -questions currently.

I have FreeBSD on the same HD as my boot. I copy /boot/boot1 to
c:\bootsect.bsd. Then I add

c:\bootsec.bsd="FreeBSD"

to the operating systems block of my boot.ini. You have to attrib boot.ini
before you can edit it and reattrib it when you get through.

Kent

> Jamie Bowden
>
> --
> "It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
> Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"
> Iain Bowen <alaric@alaric.org.uk>

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kbstew99@hotmail.com