Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 1999 17:56:09 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Automatic Docs Index

Hi All!

OK, Here's the latest.

There are 3 scripts, all of which are available from
http://ukug.uk.freebsd.org/~andrew/docindex/

1) docindex - Builds the /usr/local/share/doc/instdocs.html page from the
information in /var/db/pkg/*/+DOCS files. Should be run on all machines either
from /var/periodic/daily|weekly or /var/rc (diffs for 3.1-R available). The FAQ
and Handbook aren't included because they're in that static index written by
Neil Blakey-Milner, which should probably link to this index.

2) docsmaker - Builds a +DOCS file when supplied with the path to the
/var/db/pkg/*/+CONTENTS file and the new DOCS file usually /var/db/pkg/*/+DOCS.
This script is now slightly more intelligent then it was before, and won't
produce any of that 'Title Unknown' rubbish.

3) makealldocs - Just runs docsmaker for each port/package installed on the
system.

I'm thinking that this is all just about finished, so if no one has any
problems, I'll have a word with -ports and see what support I can drum up.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD UK User Group
http://ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org/~andrew/