Date:      Wed,  1 Dec 2004 14:28:37 -0600
From:      animecowboy@animecowboy.com
To:        Harti Brandt <harti@freebsd.org>
Cc:        current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: smbfs and setuid in 5.3

> Try to use the -u and -g switches to mount_smbfs to specify the user
> that should access the mounted file system.
>
> harti

The base directory was already set to the user/group I wanted, makeing the
defaults to -u -g what I wanted.  So as an experiement I set the base dir to
root:wheel, and used the -u -g attribs.

The results were the same as before.
Checking with ls -l(as root) shows the base and the files mounted to the correct
user(spamassassin in this case) all with 700. suing to spamassasin and
attempting to list the directory gives me .: Permission denied.  unmounting,
setting base dir permissions to 750(or 770) remounting, suing to spamassasin,
ls gives me the contents of the remote mount.

Thank you,
-Brian