Date:      Fri, 08 Jun 2001 00:25:59 +0200
From:      Erwan Arzur <erwan@netvalue.com>
To:        "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <allbery@ece.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cooked/raw ad0

"Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" wrote:

> Sounds to me like he's trying to use a VMware "raw disk", which is
> documented to not work (it expects Linux major numbers).

Hello,

My raw disk configuration used to work until all block devices were
pulled out in favor of character mode ones.

Knowing in advance that it was not a very brilliant solution, i tried
this

mknod hda c 116 0x00010002

in /usr/compat/linux/dev, to no avail.

Is there any way to get back a block device interface for the ata
driver, at least some kind of bridge in the linuxator ? (i guess Linux
kept its block devices ... am i wrong ?)

I'm not really a kernel hacker, but one could lead me to the right
direction ?
--
UNIX *IS* user friendly.  It's just selective about who its friends are.
                                                               --unknown