Date:      Sun, 25 Mar 2001 15:11:52 -0500
From:      Erik Rothwell <erothwell@callgtn.com>
To:        nakai@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: gdm-2.0b4_2

Hello,

I'm having some really odd problems with GDM: mainly it keeps reporting
that users are logged in at /dev/:0 and /dev/:1 (which of course does
not exist) and it is filling utmp/wtmp with all these entries about
users logged into ":0	console	still logged in."

It's creating hundreds of error messages in everything from w to last to
uptime... and, of course, on the console reading:

/dev/:1: No such file or directory

Is this /dev/:0 stuff linux-related somehow? How can I fix this? I mean,
it's totally unusable like this...

I can't find a single mention of it anywhere on the mailing lists, on
Google, it's pretty much an ignore-fest on #freebsdhelp... I'm surprised
if this is an issue why *it's not mentioned anywhere.*

Could you help?

Regards,
Erik.