Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:10:09 +0200
From:      Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
To:        stacey@dsl.pipex.com, sroberts84@btopenworld.com, sroberts84@hotmail.com
Cc:        Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSd.org
Subject:   Re: I'm subscribed, so why aren't my questions being posted?

Stacey Roberts wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>    Thanks for the response.
>
> I've not gotten anything from either the mailing list to say that my
> e-mail was rejected, nor from my ISP's mail server indicating that there
> was a problem sending the mail.

I got this problem half a year ago, too. The bounce-mail came back several days
later, so waiting for it could help. Or you use a freemail account so far...

So long,
Jens

> I would say here though, that as much as I'm heartened by the fact that
> there are replies to my posting today, I still haven't actually received
> the *original* posting I sent to the list sent to me - which has always
> been a sign that it actually got to the list. Or., has the situation
> changed?
>
> Stacey
>
> On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 20:44, Bill Moran wrote:
> > Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > > Hello There,
> > >     This is a last resort for me.
> > >
> > > I've noticed that I no longer see my questions being posted to this
> > > list.
> > >
> > > I know that I'm still subscribed, as I still receive e-mail containing
> > > the postings of other list subscribers. So what is it that has changed
> > > over the last two months?
> > >
> > > I'm trying really hard to understand what has gone wrong, but I am as
> > > yet unaware of anything done on my system that is causing this. I know
> > > that my mail works as I've (in testing) cc'd myself on a few of last
> > > questions just to see if it gets delivered - and they have indeed been
> > > delivered.
> >
> > Some more detail would be nice.  Do you get bounce messages?  Perhaps
> > your ISP changed their SMTP server config and broke the reverse DNS.
> > The mailing lists will reject an SMTP server with no reverse DNS.
> >
> > If your emails are simply disappearing into the Ether, then good luck
> > figuring it out.  That shouldn't really happen, if the message can't
> > be delivered, you should get a bounce message.  Again, your ISP may
> > have broken something in their SMTP config.
> > --
> > Bill Moran
> > Potential Technology
> > http://www.potentialtech.com
> >
> --
> Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
> Network Systems Engineer

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <rehsack@liwing.de>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/