Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 00:53:59 -0400
From:      "dave" <dmehler@davemehler.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   freebsd nis serving linux clients solution.

Hello,
    My thanks to all who offered suggestions on my problem of Freebsd nis
serving linux clients. The solution, actually the problem in summary,
clients could get user information from the nis server, but users couldn't
log in on clients. The solution was to touch /var/yp/group, don't ask me why
but that did it. That also fixed proftpd as well.
Thanks again.
Dave.