Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:12:09 +0100
From:      simond@irrelevant.org
To:        george vagner <kf7nn@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Otter <otterr@telocity.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UDF cdroms

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 08:09:10AM -0700, george vagner wrote:
> after looking thru the  archives I seen that
> UDF "universal data format" is not yet supported
> but there is work on such a thing.
>
> according to adaptec udf is installed in the os when
> you install the cdrom into the drive if its not
> already
> installed and has support for dos/win and mac but no
> freebsd.

The way the UDF stuff works with Adaptecs DirectCD at least is that it
installs an autorun.ini file which runs the installation program for
Windows, then once the DirectCD driver is installed that section of the
CD is treated as though it's not there. Well, that was the case last time
I looked :)

--
Simon Dick					simond@irrelevant.org