Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 02:13:25 +0000 (GMT+00:00)
From:      auto245751@hushmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.2 Installation - Keyboard Problem

--Hushpart_boundary_daeIAVfoUEGnAfcOgqgepJgsElWROezJ

At Mon, 4 Jun 2001 18:11:11 +1000, "Doug Young" <dougy@brizzie.org> wrote:

>> The computer is an Acer Veriton 5100. The hardware is in excellent
>condition.
>>
>many proprietory systems give weird problems like that ... my guess
>is that
>deals done betwixt the hardware manufacturer & Microsoft resulted in
>"optimization" for Windows operating systems :)

Hi Douglas,

How exactly does your reply contribute to our goal of getting FreeBSD to
respond to my keyboard?

If your conspiracy theory is correct, then Linux must also have a part in
the deal, because my keyboard works fine under various distributions of
it. As does OpenBSD. I am not antagonizing FreeBSD, however, because it
_is_ my favorite operating system. I just wish I could pass the installation
procedure.

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com
--Hushpart_boundary_daeIAVfoUEGnAfcOgqgepJgsElWROezJ--

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  If you are not using HushMail, this message could have been read easily by the many people who have access to your open personal email messages.