Date:      Thu, 25 Jan 2001 10:25:54 +0000
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        kaltorak@quake.com.au
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anybody seen this one ?

> Yes I have seen this happen... Its not that the computer is frozen its that
> the keyboard driver cant load because of a conflict, strange I know, but if
> you look at the messages that scroll past when its loading into sysinstall you
> will see the keyboard driver isnt loading...

Aha, yes, found that. Returns '6'. No amount of BIOS tweaking has solved
the problem as yet, though I have discovered that the two "identical"
motherboads apparrently have slightly different BIOS revisions on them.
I;ve set the two up with identical settings and identical cards in them
now - one works, the other doesn't. However, as 3.4 still works on the
machine I have a starting point to try and work out what the difference
is between what 3.4 is doing and what 4.2 is doing.

cheers,

-pete.