Date:      	Thu, 12 Nov 1998 14:07:09 -0500
From:      David Holland <dholland@cs.toronto.edu>
To:        kline@tao.thought.org (Gary Kline)
Cc:        dholland@cs.toronto.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd make to gnu make conversion, anyone??

 > > You might be better off compiling bsd make on whatever box you're
 > > using.
 >
 > 		Can't.  We're doing the entire BSD built using
 > 		gmake.  ....

uh, why?

if you're building the entire tree it's *much* less work to port make
than to change all the makefiles.

Been there, done that, have the t-shirts..

 > 		Is there a cleaner way using /bin/sh commands
 > 		within gmake?  Something like
 >
 > 		for $${lang} in $${LANGS}
 > 		do
 > 		done

Yes. As this has already been posted (twice) I won't repeat it...

--
   - David A. Holland             | (please continue to send non-list mail to
     dholland@cs.utoronto.ca      | dholland@hcs.harvard.edu. yes, I moved.)