Date:      Tue, 4 Jul 2006 08:32:30 -0500
From:      Charles Howse <chowse@charter.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sysinstall and dependencies

Hi,
6.1-RELEASE-p2
I recently used sysinstall to install cups-1.1.23 via packages/ftp/
Main Site.
That adds ghostscript-gnu and xorg-libraries as dependencies.

That's not what I wanted, I don't use a gui, so I selected
ghostscript-gnu-no-X11.
That didn't work, it installed ghostscript-gnu first and the no-X11
install failed.

Now I'm stuck with xorg-libraries, which I don't need nor want.

Is there a way to install ghostscript-gnu-no-X11 and fix the cups
dependencies?

What would have been the proper way to use sysinstall/packages or
pkg_add and get no-X11 instead of regular ghostscript-gnu?

--
How I make Great Barbecue -
http://bubbabbq.homeunix.net/bbq.html