Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 2002 12:12:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
To:        richardmelgar@yahoo.com, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: question

On Fri, Jun 28, 2002 at 11:51:32AM -0700, Richard Melgar wrote:

>    I have a question I have a friend that I email to and I have a very
>    strong feeling that my emails are being forwarded to someone else , is
>    their some sort program out their or a specific email account for
>    secured emails or a way that when I send an email it will either
>    delete once its been read or impossible to forward .If not can my
>    emails that are being sent tell me who all is delivered to ? Any
>    recommendations ? Also letting me know who gets BCC mailed on my
>    messages

Your best bet is an isolation test.  Plant an improbably story in your
email and see if anyone besides the person you sent the email to shows
knowledge of the story, or acts upon the contents of said story.  Since
your email is the only source of this made-up material, it will establish
that the other person had some access to the email you sent.

This technique even foils the old reading aloud method of forwarding
email contents, used by email forwarders to cover their tracks.

Unfortunately, I know of no programs which will run on FreeBSD which will
plant a seed story automatically in your email.

Of course, the fact that you are resorting to these ends suggests that
you are paranoid and having a bad relationship with the person you are
emailing.  Dump her and move on.

-r