Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:49:02 +0300
From:      Vasil Dimov <vd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jean-Baptiste Quenot <jbq@caraldi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports <ports@freebsd.org>, Kris Kennaway <kris@FREEBSD.ORG>, Sam Lawrance <lawrance@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: www/resin3 patch

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 04:33:28PM +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>=20
> Instead  of linking  with  "cc" instead  of "ld",  why  not add  a
> =AB=A0FreeBSD SPECIFIC  OPTION=A0=BB called "-pthread" to  "ld", like what
> has been done to "cc"?
>=20
Because linking with cc is a fix that we have a patch for and therefore
can be committed right on the moment.

Do you have a patch that adds -pthread to ld? Do you know how trivial or
difficult would be to create such a patch?

As I see it you object against linking with cc instead of ld, but you do
not have any other solution (except from linking *everything* with
pthread).

I suggest that in a short term we link with cc instead of ld, and in a
long term someone (you?) create a patch for a -pthread ld option.
Do you agree?

--=20
Vasil Dimov
gro.DSBeerF@dv

Testing can show the presence of bugs, but not their absence.
                -- Edsger W. Dijkstra

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY--