Date:      Sat, 01 May 1999 11:08:40 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        sprice@hiwaay.net
Cc:        wwoods@cybcon.com, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Compiling XFree on an alpha..

At Fri, 30 Apr 1999 19:47:52 -0500 (CDT),
Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 30 Apr 1999, William Woods wrote:
>
> # You realise this really sucks.......
> #
> # I would really probably be pushing things to ask if there were precompiled
> # packages avaliable for this eh......
>
> There are already packages for the tcl/tk ports.  The XFree86
> port is marked NO_PACKAGE so that doesn't exist, though I do
> have one built that I use for doing package builds but it only
> has the TGA server.
>
> -steve

I have some Xtt(X True Type) servers compiled on alpha.
You can get them from
http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/alpha/packages/x11/

I appreciate it if someone would test them, because my machine doesn't
have any video card any more.

You may be interested in error logs on alpha.
http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/alpha/logs/

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: finger -l simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp