Date:      Thu, 26 Aug 1999 19:46:04 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Seagate vs Quantum.. opinions?

Matthew Jacob writes:
> IBM drives are okay, but like a lot of IBM stuff, sometimes do things
> gratuitously different.

Speaking of which, "camcontrol defects -f block" and every other
variation of "camcontrol defects" fails to list the bad blocks on my
IBM drives.

# camcontrol defects -f block
error reading defect list: Input/output error

# tail /var/log/messages
Aug 26 19:40:22 nospam /kernel: (pass2:ncr0:0:0:0): extraneous data discarded.
Aug 26 19:40:22 nospam /kernel: (pass2:ncr0:0:0:0): COMMAND FAILED (9 80) @0xc0a84400.