Date:      Thu, 30 May 1996 23:00:14 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Robert James Williamson <sparkles@leland.stanford.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcpdump: no suitable device found.

Robert James Williamson wrote in message ID
<Pine.OSF.3.93.960530132213.22409D-100000@amy16.Stanford.EDU>:
>         That's it. The new kernal clearly recognizes the fddi card. I'm
> just stumped as to how to get all the networking programs to use it.
>
>         Any advice/help/suggestions WARMLY received!

Do something like:

ifconfig -a

to list all network devices. You should have an `fpa0' device by my
guess.  You can then `ifconfig fpa0 inet <whatever>' and so on. If you
want to configure things on boot, look in /etc/sysconfig. Add fpa0 to
the list of network_interfaces, and an `ifconfig_fpa0="ifconfig
parameters"' line.

Gary