Date:      Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:24:43 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: System lockups in X with nVidia GeForce 7600 GS (G73) and Gtk+

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:

> What I don't understand is how a port that's more than
> one year old can require a X server version that's not
> reached yet _today_... :-)

Not exactly related to your point here, but you should also be aware of the
WITHOUT_NOUVEAU macro.  When set, nouveau will not work, but it does allow
for much newer versions of some graphics subsystems which should give you
better performance and possibly stability.  As I said earlier, nouveau is to
be avoided on FreeBSD.  Newer versions of nouveau require KMS AKAIK, so it
might be better to revisit that port when support is added to the kernel.

--
Adam Vande More