Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:06:45 -0800 (PST)
From:      enderx@uberhacker.org
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/17309: ports/audio/cdd doesn't support .wav output

>Number:         17309
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       ports/audio/cdd doesn't support .wav output
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The current port of cdd will output ripped CD data only as a raw
.cda file, which can't be encoded as an mp3.
>How-To-Repeat:
"cdd -help" for command-line options, notice that none of them involve
wav files ;-)
>Fix:
The patch at http://www.uberhacker.org/~enderx/cdd-1.0-patch.diff
adds a "-w" option to the program which will output audio tracks as
wav files for easy encoding. It has been tested successfully on
several differently configured systems (aka my friends all use it) ;-)