Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 19:10:35 -0400
From:      screwinup@aol.com (Screwinup)
To:        <saar-lists-freebsd-hackers@uunet.uu.net>
Subject:   Anarchists decry 72lbs plutonium launch

     On Oct. 6, NASA will launch a space probe containing 72 lbs. of
plutonium. This is the 24th launch containing plutonium. Three have failed
and two have burned up leaving 1 to 3 lbs of plutonium dust in the
atmosphere. That will cause untold people to get lung cancer years hence,
but may already be causing decreased immunity we perceive as "new
diseases" or old ones coming back.

     NASA claims that chances of a failure this time are only 1 in 1,500,
but  actual experience belies that. One in 10 or 20 may disintegrate in
the air.

     Legal means like court injunctions to stop this NASA insanity are a
long shot and thousands of protestors may have no effect at Cape Canaveral
on Ocl. 4th. How can we save ourselves and our children from what may be a
cruel way to "reduce population"?

                                        AFRICA THREATENED

     Actually this "Cassini" probe to Saturn is intended to fly out into
orbit and return within 300 miles of Africa in August 1999, thereby
picking up m