Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 15:09:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dwalu Z. Khasu" <dwalu@cs.bu.edu>
To:        announce@bafug.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Interesting scenario w/ FreeBSD 3.0

At the last installfest, Josef and I tried installing 3.0 on my new
Gateway (G400, 96M) and 2-3 times, we got segfaults just about the end of
the installation process and and then it aborted.

The other day, I was cleaning up using System Commander Deluxe and got an
entry in my selection window titled 'BSD' - Sure enough, I selected it and
everything seemed to come up OK.

A couple of questions: (especially since I'm *extremely* new to freeBSD)

Where could it have been generated... internally by the installer or
something else being run?
Are there any tools to validate the installation?

Basically, I'm not so sure I can trust this install....any ideas
or suggestions? Thanx

				- Dwalu
.peace
--
I am an important person in this world -
Now is the most important time in my life -