Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 2010 19:29:08 +0100
From:      Bruce Cran <bruce@cran.org.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, ross.cameron@linuxpro.co.za
Subject:   Re: question about FreeBSD installing

On Wednesday 21 April 2010 16:50:20 Ross Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Michael Powell <nightrecon@hotmail.com>=
=20
wrote:
> > =E7=8E=8B=E8=B7=83=E8=BE=89 wrote:
> >> hi
> >>     I have a problem when I try to install FreeBSD as client OS on a
> >> Linux OS.
> >=20
> > Sorry, but this does not make any sense to me. How are you trying to
> > install FreeBSD on Linux? FreeBSD is an operating system, not an
> > application.
>=20
> It's quite simple, he wants to host a virtualized FreeBSD ontop of a
> Linux server OS.
>=20
> >> following the instruction I find that I can't open the website of
> >> www.fsmware.com to finish some download work.
> >> it seems that the dns server
> >> don't support the address in China Mainland. do you have any way to
> >> solve the problem?
>=20
> Uhm no idea where the www.fsmware.com domain comes into anything,...
> sorry cant help here.

It's mentioned in several places, including the Handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/virtualization-guest.html

"Download the FreeBSD domU kernel for Xen 3.0 and disk image from=20
http://www.fsmware.com/"

I'd be happy to host the files that used to be on that site if it would hel=
p -=20
it would be good to get the broken links fixed because I came across the sa=
me=20
problem and ended up having to create a Xen image manually.

=2D-=20
Bruce Cran