Date:      Fri, 5 Mar 2004 09:35:41 -0800
From:      Jordan K Hubbard <jkh@queasyweasel.com>
To:        Michael Bushkov <bushman@rsu.ru>
Cc:        bork@rsu.ru
Subject:   Re: IPC nsswitch implementation

The Mac OS X lookupd does aggressive caching with cache invalidation
support, supports the notion of flushing the cache on certain events
(like when you reconfigure your network interfaces or switch
authentication plugins), and quite a few other things.  No surprise,
really, given that it's been around for years.

Julian was asking where to find it, and for those who get lost
navigating Apple's darwin site, there's also opendarwin's cvsweb
interface.  Darwin's "nsswitch" implementation lives in Libinfo, of
which lookupd is a sub-project:

	http://cvs.opendarwin.org/index.cgi/src/Libinfo/

- Jordan