Date:      Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:50:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@culverk.student.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ata0-slave timeout

Whenever I do anything that involves a lot of disk activity since the
recent changes, ata0-slave times out, and gives me hard failures and other
such nasty looking errors. I didn't think any of the recent changes could
make this happen, but I guess I'm wrong. The problem occurs mostly when
I'm building a new kernel: I type make -j8 in
/usr/src/sys/compile/MYKERNEL, and the errors start shortly thereafter.
The last time this happened, I had to re-install current because my usr
partition caused fsck to stop, and the system to lock hard.

Kenneth Culver