Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2002 08:49:23 +0930
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>, Josh Malone <jmalone@tovaris.com>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with IBM ThinkPad T30 1400x1050 display?

On Monday, 29 July 2002 at 13:32:51 -0700, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> I have a shiny new T30 which is driving me bats. It's almost
> wonderful, but I have one FreeBSD show-stopper that I need to fix,
> work-around, or surrender. (And I love this box too much to surrender
> easily.)

On Monday, 29 July 2002 at 16:43:46 -0400, Josh Malone wrote:

Please quote the original.  Your reply shows no context.

> The Dell Inspiron 7500's that my company uses also have 1400 x 1050
> displays.  There are 2 different LCDs that Dell uses: an older
> Samsung unit and a newer IBM unit.  I've had lots of problems with
> the Samsung displays (so much, that I've had Dell replace them with
> IBMs on 2 of our 4 notebooks).  Do you know which one you have?

This isn't relevant.  I have an Inspiron 7500 and a Thinkpad T22, both
with 1400x1050 displays.  The graphics chips are different, and I can
confirm that I have the same kind of problems that Kevin describes
with the T22, but not with the Inspiron.  On the T22, I work around
the problem by not turning off the display.

Greg