Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 22:25:50 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <perhaps@yes.no>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, ywliu1@tao.sinanet.com.tw
Subject:   Re: Kernel clock runs inaccurately

> do want.  (They are probably living in somewhat of an ivory tower with
> good NTP refclocks readily available on a cheap Internet, something
> that is not my situation, sitting behind dialup lines everywhere.)

Shouldn't it be still be possible to set up xntpd with
drift-correction and synchronization often, and just suppress
xntpd-messages from starting the ppp-link?  I've run xntpd on
dialup-links before, and unless there is extreme inconsistencies in
how your local clock run, it seem to still work nicely.  (I might have
patched it on that system, though - I don't remember, it is a long
time since I set it up, and unfortunately it no longer exists so I can
check.)

Eivind.