Date:      Thu, 29 Jul 1999 10:27:30 +0200
From:      Achim Patzner <ap@bnc.net>
To:        "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: securelevel and ipfw zero

On Wed, Jul 28, 1999 at 04:17:57PM -0400, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> > Brian, FreeBSD isn't your private playground for playing around, this is
> > a group project, and you gotta follow the rules, or you don't get to
> > play with the rest of the folks....
>
> The rules don't say "leave the code that you work with in a bigger mess than
> when you started." Cleaning up code is a fact of life, and it _NEEDS_ to be
> done to get work done, very often. You have to learn to deal with that.

I don't see _removing_ white space improving readability (but I started out
as a programmer working for a company where reviewers had to check if at
least 40% of the sources were _meaningfull_ comments, all closing } had a
comment telling what the block was good for and where goto and break (except
in case statements) were completely forbidden).

If you two can't settle your arguments you might send the patches to the
Bruce-machine...

Achim