Date:      14 Jun 2001 10:35:33 +0200
From:      Dmitry Karasik <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPPoE - howto if PPPoE:xl0 crashes the system

Hi!

I was experimenting with PPP over ethernet, and
found to my surprise that it crashes the system ( 4.3-RELEASE).
I did 'ppp' and then 'set device PPPoE:xl0' and 'dial'.
I had no idea how to use PPPoE ( and still don't have now),
so if someone can enlighten me and point to a bit of documentation,
I would be happy.

Anyway, to those who will be interested in this bug, the box
has xl0(not configured) and xl1(10.) with kernel netgraph enabled.

--
Sincerely,
	Dmitry

--- www.karasik.eu.org ---

Life ain't fair, but the root password helps.
                      - BOFH