Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 12:53:24 -0700
From:      Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu>
To:        Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>, portmgr@casimir.physics.purdue.edu
Subject:   Re: biology/ && misc/ -> science/

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 01:32:50PM -0500, Will Andrews wrote:

> while I'm here, move stuff that's in the wrong place:
>
> misc/wmweather --> astro/wmweather

Astronomy is not meteorology.  If you're going to remove things from
biology which aren't biology, I think you should remove things from
astro which are not astronomy, rather than adding them.

Things which are not astronomy include meterology and timekeeping,
although knowledge of these is sometimes handy to astronomers, just like
molecular modeling is probably handy for some biologists.

--
Matthew Hunt <mph@astro.caltech.edu> * Science rules.
http://www.pobox.com/~mph/           *