Date:      Sun, 23 Jan 2000 19:35:22 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@nojunk.com>
To:        keramida@ceid.upatras.gr
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing 4.0-current from 3.4-stable.

On 1/23/00, 3:13:21 PM, Giorgos Keramidas <charon@hades.hell.gr> wrote
regarding Installing 4.0-current from 3.4-stable.:

> What is the canonical way of moving from 3.4-STABLE to 4.0-CURRENT?

> I tried to install 4.0-CURRENT on top of my 3.4-STABLE.

<snip>

Dear Giorgios Keramidas,

probably, you might want to have a look at http://www.polstra.com and
at its CVSup documentation (FAQ etc.); in particular, you might want
to have a look at the tutorial on "make world" found at
http://www.nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk/FreeBSD/make-world : grab all
you feel like doing from this directory ;-))

I am reading this stuff because I am going to do a "trial" upgrade in
a while. That is, I am going to create an "experimental" FreeBSD
partition, install (ie practically clone) my 3.3-Release on it, and
then CVSup and upgrade to 4.0 **for the fun of it**.

My "production" partition will most probably be upgraded ... via the
CDs ;-))

I hope this will help.

N.B. my_fake_antispam_domain =3D=3D=3D> neomedia.it to e-mail to me.

Best regards from Sicily,
Salvo