Date:      Mon, 1 Nov 2004 13:36:11 -0800
From:      Joshua Tinnin <krinklyfig@spymac.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        TM4525@aol.com
Subject:   Re: Compatible NIC

On Monday 01 November 2004 06:26 am, TM4525@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 11/1/04 1:36:24 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> krinklyfig@spymac.com writes:
>
> On Sunday 31 October 2004 08:54 am, TM4525@aol.com wrote:
> > I know who Kris is. I respect and appreciate his contributions. I
> > don't respect
> > being lied to. And I don't respect the unconditional rejection of
> > criticism by the
> > "team".
> >
> >This is not the appropriate venue for that sort of conversation. Please
> >take it elsewhere
>
> "Yes Use 5.x"! is not technical "help".
>
> "Don't use 5.x because its slow" IS technical help. You guys just dont
> want anyone to say it.

"You guys?" I wasn't aware that I was representing anyone but myself.

It seems all you want to do is contradict people, and without any data to back
yourself up. Some people on this list explicitly steer new users away from
5.x, particularly users who are using FreeBSD in a production environment.
Others are encouraging new users to use 5.x for its features, but I doubt
that would appeal to too many sysadmins with production servers. If you have
a problem with some people recommending 5.x, then you should take it up with
them, and at this point I'd recommend taking it offlist - I'd also recommend
doing some testing of your own if you feel you have something to prove to
them, otherwise they probably won't take you that seriously.

As for me, I haven't even stated my position, yet you lump me in with a bunch
of other people.

There is no point to this.

PLONK!

- jt