Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:09:35 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Cc:        maintainer <x11@freebsd.org>, rjrobin@frontiernet.net
Subject:   Re: Failed complie of boinc-milkyway

On Wednesday 18 February 2009 07:05:30 am rjrobin@frontiernet.net wrote:
> Folks,
>    Received the following message while compiling boinc-milkyway:
>
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> Please report the problem to x11@FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
> "/usr/ports/graphics/libglut/work/Mesa-7.3/config.log" including the output
> of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
> provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
> /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1
>
>    Since the problem is not immediately obvious to me, I am including all
> those files for your perusal.

Your failed-make file shows 2 problems. It wants libglut-7.3_1 and in the
process of building it. It found that your version of libdrm is out of date.

checking for LIBDRM... configure: error: Package requirements (libdrm >=
2.4.3) were not met:

Requested 'libdrm >= 2.4.3' but version of libdrm is 2.3.0

Make found that your libdrm is too old and quit. FWIW, the current version of
libdrm is 2.4.4. Your port tree needs to be updated. Libdrm was updated to
2.4.3 on 23 January 2009. When you saw this problem, you should have
immediately updated your port tree. I use cvsup, make my INDEX-*, and then
use portupgrade to keep everything current. I don't know how you are
maintaining your ports but it didn't work in this instance.

Kent

--
kent Stewart
Richland, WA