Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:27:11 -0800
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), ping@stepnet.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Walnut Creek config

>	where do the T-3's connect to?
>
>Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>>
>> It doesn't have a T3 connection, it has a 100MB connection
>> (100BTX) into a router which then fans out into multiple T3s.
>>
>> 					Jordan
>>
>> > with all the debate over cisco routers vs serial cards,
>> > i am curious as to what the walnet creek server use for
>> > its t3 connections.
>> >
>> > forget i asked if this is a trade secret or some sort.

   I should make a few things clear at this point. First, "Walnut Creek CDROM"
in Concord has just a T1 connection. Our FTP server, wcarchive.cdrom.com, is
co-located at the CRL NOC in downtown San Francisco. wcarchive connects to
CRL's core routers through a fast ethernet (100Mbps) switch. CRL has T3s
connecting to CIX-SMDS, MAE-west, PacBell-NAP, and MAE-east. They also have
some 155Mbps ATM connections that form part of their own backbone on the west
coast, and 45Mbps ATM connections that form the rest of their US backbone.

-DG

David Greenman