Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:08:57 -0400
From:      Brandon Fosdick <bfoz@glue.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   User PPP

I've gotten User PPP set up on my 3.2-S machine. I have natd running so that I
can access the "outside world" from my windoze machine (connected by crossover
ethernet).
Runnin 'ppp -background' once works fine, but when I disconnect (using kill -1)
and then reconnect I can't get any packets to go out. I think its a routing
problem since 'netstat -r' takes about 5 minutes to show the routing tables, but
the table looks fine once it finally comes up. What am I doing wrong? And what
is the proper way to disconnect a background ppp process?

Thanks,
Brandon
--
bfoz@glue.umd.edu