Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:28:23 +0200
From:      "Thomas Uhrfelt" <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
To:        "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: OpenBSD

> >One snag, though: OpenBSD, like NetBSD, is cross-platform and is
> maintained
> >on quite a few CPUs and machine architectures. Would FreeBSD be
> willing to
> >go that route?
>
> Yes, if sufficient hackers come with the code.

An additional benefit from a major merger like this would be a huge display
of strenght from BSD camp through this unification. FreeBSD itself faces a
platform issue when the merced is going into full production and I can see
some benefits from having people used to developing for multiple platforms
in the FreeBSD project when we are faced with this task.

I am not a programmer, not am I a brilliant sysadmin like many in here. I am
just a happy user of FreeBSD and will continue to be so for many years to
come. So my opinions should be taken very lightly when it comes to a big and
serious issue like this.

Regards,

Thomas Uhrfelt