Date:      Thu, 2 Dec 1999 08:37:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        winter@jurai.net (Matthew N. Dodd)
Cc:        frank@exit.com (Frank Mayhar), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Well, the 3Com 574BT is still broken.

Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> > Suggestions?  I could Really Use an ethernet connection on this
> > laptop; right now I have the cardbus card (3Com 575CT) and the pcmcia
> > card (the 574BT) sitting here, useless.
> Looking at the NetBSD driver it appears that the MAC address for the 574
> is stored in the CIS.
>
> It appears that the 574 has a different EEPROM layout as well, which is
> sort of handled by sc->epb.cmd_off but not in a manner I'm happy with.

Well, if there's _anything_ I can help with, please let me know.  I did
dump the CIS using pccardc, but I didn't see the MAC address.  I can even
set the laptop up with a serial console and hook it up to a system you can
log into, if that would help.

I'm a pretty good kernel programmer, btw, so I _can_ get down and dirty with
the code.  The problem is that there's just so much I don't know about the
FreeBSD kernel, that it would take me hours or days just to figure out where
to start.
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com