Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:36:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Staying STABLE...

Hi all,

When using CVS to grab the ports tree along with the changes committed under
RELENG_4, how can I be sure I am pulling the proper version branch for the
ports?

As I look on the cvs3/ftp site, I'm seeing ports in

ftp://cvsup3.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports/
ftp://cvsup3.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/ports-stable/

and the two paths most specific to 4.x-STABLE have only packages living in
them..

ftp://cvsup3.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/
ftp://cvsup3.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4.0-stable/

I finished up going to 4.0-STABLE from 4.0-RELEASE last night and the system is
great.  I had an issue while trying to build KDevelop and I am wondering if
somehow I messed up the /usr/ports tree.

All I knew to do from the documentation was to put "ports-all tag=." in my sup
file.  Does CVSup somehow glean where to grab the ports tree from the
"RELENG_4" tag or need I do something more to tell CVSup where to pick up what
I need for the version I'm running?

Thanks,
-Richard