Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 2000 19:36:17 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Stephanie Wehner <_@r4k.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jail and sysvipc (was Re: 4.2beta and shmget)

Stephanie Wehner wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 10:47:27AM -0700, Wes Peters wrote:
>
> > It works fine for me.  Try this little program and see if it successfully
> > attaches the shared memory segment:
>
> thx :) actually I think it might have something to do with jail then,
> cause this test works fine on the actual host machine but not in the jail.
> Looking at the jail manpage, you now have to set jail.sysvipc_allowed
> in order to make it work.
>
> Are there any plans to adapt jail to work with (as stated in the manpage)
> multiple namespaces for sysv stuff ?

It was recently discussed, eithere here or in -arch.  An archive search is
probably in order.  You seem to be fairly familiar with SYSV IPC, perhaps
you could investigate and report back?  ;^)  (Ever the cheerleader...)

--
           Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     wes@softweyr.com