Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:57:20 +1100
From:      "Joe Shevland" <joe.shevland@horizonti.com>
To:        "Nate Williams" <nate@mt.sri.com>, "Philip Sydney Lavers" <psl@ign.com.au>
Cc:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: i downloaded java now what?

> From: Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
> [trim]
> To run applets, you need a better browser.  Try getting a newer version
> of netscape (available in ports).

Or download Netscape Communicator from the Netscape site. I'm not sure if this supports 1.1, but all 1.0.2 applets I've used have
been fine.

Does the FBSD port of the JDK not come with an appletviewer? (Sorry
to bother the mailing list with this question but I haven't installed 1.1.5 yet. A private reply is all that required, and thanks
in advance. My address is joe.shevland@horizonti.com).